An Accord Between the Government of Canada and the Voluntary Sector
V. TAKING THE ACCORD FORWARD
The Accord is the beginning of a journey. Measures are needed to implement its provisions. The voluntary sector and the Government of Canada agree to develop in a timely fashion:
- Appropriate organizational structures in the Government of Canada and the voluntary sector to give effect to the provisions of the Accord;
- Processes for monitoring the Accord, reporting to Canadians on the status of the relationship and the results that have been achieved, resolving disputes, agreeing on next steps, and discussing the strategic opportunities for future collaboration;
- Codes or standards of good practice to help guide interactions between government departments and voluntary sector organizations on aspects of the relationship such as policy dialogue, funding, and other issues as identified;
- A regular meeting between Ministers and sector representatives to discuss the results that have been achieved; and
- Ongoing actions to increase awareness about the Accord within the sector and the Government of Canada, and among Canadians.
The goal is that the Accord and its implementation plan will provide an enabling framework that will help the voluntary sector and the Government of Canada better serve Canadians.