The Rubber and the Road: A Workbook for Implementing the Codes
of Good Practice
5. The road ahead
Now that you’ve identified some areas to work on in your
relationship with the other sector, it’s time to commit
to action. Looking back over your notes, select three to five
areas where you think there is some real room for improvement
and set out an action plan for achieving it. For each area you
choose to focus on, consider the following:
- What specific actions are needed to get there?
- Are there any barriers that need to be dealt with along the
- What, if any, resources or tools would help?
- Who should be involved/take the lead?
- What kind of timeframe will this take?
- How will you know when you get there?
Congratulations! You have taken some important steps
on this shared journey to a better relationship between the voluntary
sector and the Government of Canada.
For more information…
For more information or copies of the Accord and Codes of Good
Practice please visit the Voluntary Sector Initiative web site:
This Workbook was prepared jointly by the Government of Canada
and the voluntary sector as a tool to help federal departments
and voluntary sector organizations bring the Accord and Codes
to life in their organizations. If you have questions or comments,
- The Non-Profit and Voluntary Sector Affairs Division , Social
Development Canada, (819) 956-6715, or
- The Voluntary Sector Forum, (613) 238-7555, or toll free